Frequenty Asked Questions
1. Where do you ship?
We currently ship to the continental U.S. We do not ship to Alaska or Hawaii. See full details here.
2. How soon will I receive my order?
Please expect your Standard Shipping order to arrive within 5 – 10 business days. Due to increased holiday shopping and various carrier constraints there could be a longer delivery time. We will do our best to deliver your order during the provided window. Rush Shipping orders arrive in 3 business days. Sorry, Rush Shipping is not available to PO boxes. See full details here.
3. What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards accepted (AMEX, VISA, DISCOVER and MasterCard), PayPal and PayPal Credit (online only). Sorry, checks and money orders are not accepted.
4. What is your Money Back Guarantee?
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your product, simply return it within 30 days for a full credit or refund. Customers are required to pay for return shipping. All cameras and components of the system should be in "like new" condition.
5. What is your Return Policy?
If you are not satisfied with your Blink products for any reason, you can return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund (less shipping & handling, if applicable). See full details here.
6. Is there a product warranty?
Yes! A one-year, limited warranty will accompany all Blink systems. See full details here.
7. How do I set up my Blink system?
Setting up your system is easy!
- Download the Blink Home Monitoring App
- Create your account
- Plug the Sync Module 2 into any wall outlet
- Scan your Sync Module 2 and Cameras
- Place your camera (s) wherever you'd like
8. Can the Blink app be accessed from more than one device?
Yes. You can download our app to as many iOS and Android devices as you'd like, so the entire household can receive alerts or check in at home. Please note that the app only allows for one active Live View feed at a time.
9. I have multiple Blink systems – can I access them from the same account?
Yes, you can! Available on both the iOS and Android app, you can access and use multiple Blink systems via a single Blink App account. To get started with multi-system support, check out our support article.
10. Where can I place my Blink indoor and outdoor cameras?
Blink Outdoor and Indoor cameras can be placed anywhere! With no wires or cords to worry about, Blink is designed to go where other systems cannot. Note: The Blink Mini Camera is plugged in.
Should you choose to place Blink somewhere other than a shelf, desk, tabletop or other flat surface, the camera units can be attached to the wall or ceiling with the included mounting kit. This kit enables your cameras to pan and tilt. Easily manually adjust the positioning of the camera. When streaming live, you can pinch to zoom within your camera's viewing angle.
11. What is the operating temperature of the Blink cameras?
The Blink indoor camera operating temperature is from 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C). The cameras are intended for indoor use only.
The Blink outdoor camera is weather resistant and has an operating temperature range of -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C). They have an IP65 rating.
12. What happens to Blink cameras placed outside of the operating temperature range?
Placing the camera outside of the operating temperature voids our warranty. You could also suffer from poor performance, lag time issues, and quickly draining battery life as a result.
13. What if I don't have Wi-Fi?
Blink currently requires a 2.4 ghz Wi-Fi-based Internet connection to operate.
14. What if I lose power/Wi-Fi?
The Blink system does require a 2.4 ghz Wi-Fi and Internet connection to operate. If it loses this connection, or you lose power it will automatically resume normal operation as soon as this connection is restored.
15. What kind of batteries does Blink use? Are they easy to replace?
Blink battery-powered cameras run on two AA Lithium batteries. All systems will ship with batteries, and they're easy to replace when the time comes. You can buy these batteries at your local hardware store, pharmacy or online. Simply slide open the battery compartment, take out the old batteries, and insert the new set.
16. How long do the batteries last?
With standard use*, your Blink cameras will last up to two years on a single set of two AA lithium batteries. This incredibly long battery life is made possible through a proprietary chip technology available only in Blink cameras.
*Standard use is defined as 5,882 seconds of live view, 43,200 seconds of motion activated recording and 4,788 seconds of two-way talk on a Blink Outdoor camera. Battery life will vary based on device settings, use, and environmental factors.
17. What are other factors that can affect battery life?
- Placing cameras in high traffic areas and leaving them armed all the time
- Slow Internet connection speeds
- Extreme Temperatures
- Extended use of Live View
- Weak Camera signal strength between sync module and Wi-Fi router
Using non AA lithium batteries
- We do NOT recommend Alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- Do NOT use AA Lithium Ion or Li-Ion batteries as these carry a higher voltage and may cause issues with your camera
18. Can I schedule times for Blink to automatically arm and disarm?
Yes, with our scheduled arming feature, you can set your Blink system to arm and disarm on a set schedule.
19. Are video clips limited to five seconds? Can I change that?
The default length for video clips is 10 seconds. You can adjust the timing for each camera to record for up to 60 seconds.
20. Can I record when I'm in Live View mode?
Yes, you can select in your account settings to save all live views.
21. Is Live View continuous?
With Blink's Live View feature, you can stream up to 5 minutes at a time in 30 second intervals. After 5 minutes a new Live View session can be initiated.
22. Will my pet set off Blink's motion detector?
To help account for pets, Blink's motion detector can be adjusted for sensitivity. Currently the sensitivity is the same for the Blink Indoor and Outdoor cameras.
23. What is an Activity Zone and Privacy Zone?
The Activity Zone feature allows you to mask off certain regions to prevent excessive motion clips or false alerts. Privacy Zones, when set, not only black out a section of the viewable area but also stop any motion detection from happening in that area.
24. I'm an existing Blink customer, do I get free storage?
If you are adding new Blink Indoor and Outdoor cameras to an existing Blink system that has been activated on or before 4/15/20, you will be grandfathered into your current free cloud storage model in the Blink app.
Existing Blink systems activated after 4/15/20 will receive motion alerts and be able to enter Live View for free, with the option to access video recordings in the Blink app through affordable cloud storage subscription plans. Learn more here.
With the purchase of the all-new Indoor and Outdoor cameras, you receive an automatic free trial of the subscription plan effective from your date of purchase through January 13, 2021.
25. How does local video storage work compared to cloud storage?
If you purchase a Blink new system with aSync Module 2 (included in our special TV offer) you can add up to 10 cameras for no monthly fees using local storage via USB flash drive. A second option is to pay for an affordable monthly or annual cloud storage subscription plan. Learn more here.
With the purchase of the all-new Indoor and Outdoor cameras, you receive an automatic free trial of the premium subscription plan effective from your date of purchase through January 13, 2021.
26. What is the Sync Module 2 and how does it work?
The Sync Module 2 is the heart of your Blink system. Use it to connect a combination of up to 10 of any generation Blink cameras (1st generation Indoor, XT, XT2, New Indoor, Outdoor and Mini).
When the USB flash drive (sold separately) is inserted into the Sync Module 2 USB port, local video storage will be supported ONLY on the all-new Outdoor, Indoor, and Mini cameras. For these cameras, motion clips and recorded live views will save to your USB flash drive every 24 hours. These videos can be viewed in the Blink app or on the computer when the drive is inserted.
Your Sync Module 2 supports a drive with a maximum of 256 GB, on which 64 GB of video can be stored. Learn more about the USB port and local storage here.
27. Are video clips limited to five seconds? Can I change that?
The default length for video clips is 10 seconds. You can adjust the timing for each battery-operated Blink Indoor and Blink Outdoor camera to record for up to 60 seconds.
28. How many cameras can I add to a single system?
As long as they are all within the 100ft operating range of the sync module in any direction, you can have up to 10 Blink devices per sync module. The cameras on the sync module can be in any combination. (Note: The Sync Module is not included in the 10 device limit.) Blink Indoor, Outdoor, XT2 and Mini cameras are all compatible on the same sync module.
29. Does Blink integrate with Alexa and other Smart Home platforms and devices?
Blink integrates with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices including Amazon Echo, Dot, Tap, Show, Spot, and Fire TV or Cube through the “Blink for Home” skill found in your Amazon Alexa app and IFTTT. All Blink users who own these devices can control their Blink system using their voice.